Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Voting.

Today I was in a salon getting my hair cut. As I sat there getting my hair cut, I was listening to the young operators as the visited and did their work. They had all listened to the debates last night and they all had opinions. And I was very impressed that they seemed so intelligent. They were having fun with their arguments, and I got some laughs out of them.

One of the girls said that her husband said he was surprised that she was interested in the debate. He was interested because he had registered to vote. I asked was she going to vote, and she said no, she didn't register to vote. She said she thought about it after it was too late to register. One of the other girls she had done the same. "What a shame", if we all felt that way?. It's too late for this important election, but all elections are important. Be ready next time. Be a good citizen and register. If you don't, don't complain how things are done. I don't know if there was a winner or loser in the debate, but I do know we are losers if we don't express our opinions at the poles.

I remember my first vote was for Harry Truman . Go Figure!!


 

3 comments:

  1. I just missed being your 500th blog viewer. (501st : { ) Keep writing. Great blog today. How old were you when you voted for the first time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must hav been the year of the Truman Surprise. So your vote for him definitely counted !

    ReplyDelete