Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Shopping

Yesterday my daughter and I went Christmas shopping. We started out before noon and returned home five hours later. Today I feel a little excited that we got so much done in such a short time. The next big job was getting all these bags sorted out and get down to the wrappings. Lucky for me I found enough paper and ribbons to get it all done, but I forgot about the name tags, so that will have to be another trip. Oh well, I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow anyway, so that's not a big deal.I just hope that I did the right thing and got the little gifts that I could afford instead going hog wild. Christmas isn't meant to be a greedy time when you get all the things you have wanted all year long. It's Christ's Birthday, so I try to give from my heart. That's the lesson that I've learned through the ages.

My sister and I were talking about the Christmases we had when we were kids. We were happy to get a stocking full of fruits and candy. Makes me wonder what would be the reaction if my grandchildren would wake up to a stocking like that on Christmas morning. It's a different world.

My good friend who helps me keep my house clean brought me a nice box of home made cookies as a present. They are so good and I love her for it. Needless to say I don't need all the sweets, but I surely do like them. I like to bake them,too. Next week I'll try a little baking myself. Nothing is better than warm cookies and milk. It would be nice to have some right now.

My gifts are wrapped and the mess is cleaned up, now I can think about what to do next.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the energy? You wore me out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete