Thursday, March 21, 2013

Along Comes Pollen.

From my front door I can see the beauty of spring. What a glorious view that is. But spring also brings along the pollen. We live in pine country, do I have to say more? Everything is covered with the yellow pollen from the beautiful pine trees.

This morning I had the bright idea that I would clean my screened porch and get it ready to enjoy the nice weather. I took a pain killer for my aching back, my little hand clippers to trim my Plumbego that I had neglected and the frost had done a bad job on it, and my trusty old broom that I have had since I moved here in 1998.  Gee, now I'm aging myself, but that's no secret. I surely bit off more than I could chew this time. I did the front stoop, cut the dead branches and twigs off the plant and swept away the pollen. Now I go to the back porch. What a mess?

Everything is covered with this yellow dust. It was and is so thick that I didn't want it to get on my shoes. I didn't want to carry it back inside my house. I didn't want to get that stuff on my new carpet. I swept a path to the plants that needed water, then I looked over the situation and decided I'd try that another day.

I'm thankful I'm not allergic, but I don't want to take chances. I don't need anything else to cause me pain. Hopeful for another day. .

No comments:

Post a Comment