Monday, September 23, 2013

At Last We Had Rain.

The clouds had been gathering every afternoon for the past week, but in our area seemed to say " not yet" and we continued to be dry. Every day we hoped for the best and it seemed the best was the water hose. Since the lawn is so large it was impossible to give it all a drink, so we only sprinkled around the plants that we hoped to keep alive. Most of the grass was brown by this time, but on Thursday evening we got a little shower. It was about the time we were to have dinner and I was hoping it would rain too hard for me to go next door to eat with my family. No such luck on this Thursday, I went next door and didn't get wet at all. This was just a teaser, but on Friday it was a different story. We got the blessed rain, it rained through the night and into Saturday. Now like magic the lawn is green again. For which we are thankful.

Saturday was a very good day. I was invited to have dinner with my daughter and her little family. Her son brought his girl friend home for the week- end and I was glad to go and meet her.. We had good confersations at the dinner table. There were three different nationalities at the table. My daughter and I are southern American, my grandson is Dutch American, my son-law is Dutch and the girl friend is Mexican. The dinner meal was Italian. We had fun discussing the different foods from each country and the ingredients in each of the foods. Some good, some bad.

Sunday I spent the day reading a book about Thomas Jefferson. I had told my son that I could read it in one week-end, but I didn't realize it was such a big book. I got bogged down in the politics and history and it made reading slow. I'll get back to reading about Thomas Jefferson later.

No comments:

Post a Comment